Sometimes, in an effort to cope with anxious feelings of unproductivity, I will make something totally unnecessary and delicious in the middle of a work day:
I adapted this from Sprouted Kitchen. I took her suggestion and used candied ginger and sliced almonds, since I happened to have both on hand. I bought the candied ginger in bulk a while back when I was feeling inspired by a bakery in Oakland that served pear and candied ginger scones. I will still try to make those eventually, but I’ll have to restock the ginger.
Chocolate Puffed Grain Morsels
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- several handfulls puffed grain (I used kamut)
- 1/3 cup chopped candied ginger
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- sea salt
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over simmering water (I used a metal mixing bowl, because that is what I have).
- Remove from heat, and fold in the puffed grain, ginger, and almonds. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with cooking spray.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture onto the paper in smallish blobs. Sprinkle with sea salt. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set, and then consume.
This was so easy and SO tasty. I’m totally making this next time there is a potluck of any kind.